Incoming Staff Mobility

Erasmus+ programme funds two types of mobility:

Staff training: for administrative, technical or academic staff. It involves a period of training at UAL.

Staff teaching: for academic staff. It involves a period of teaching at UAL. Only academic staff from the institutions which have an inter-institutional Erasmus+ agreement with UAL can apply for this type of mobility.

Please ask the International Office at your home university whether such an agreement is in place.

Apply for  (for partner universities only)

Application Procedure for Incoming Staff

Step 1. Mobility proposal

Discuss your mobility proposal with your colleagues and the International Relation Office (IRO) at your home institution.

Step 2. IRO’s approval

Once you have defined your mobility proposal, you need to get your IRO to approve the trip.

Please fill out the STAFF MOBILITY AGREEMENT FOR TEACHING (Word 117 KB)/STAFF MOBILITY AGREEMENT FOR TRAINING (Word 118 KB) under the Erasmus+ programme, print it, sign it and have it signed by the IRO and save it as a PDF document ready for your online application. 

Step 3. Send us your request

If you would like to visit a specific college please contact the college directly by emailing them. The contact information can be found here.

If you would like to visit any of UAL's central services, please email

Please attach your Mobility Agreement along with a CV if possible.

Please ensure your mobility agreement covers the following:

  • Overall aim and objectives of the mobility. 
  • Added value of the mobility (both for the institutions involved and for the staff member). 
  • Content of the teaching/training programme. 
  • Expected outcomes and impact.

Application deadlines

Incoming staff members are strongly advised to apply at least one month before the proposed start of teaching/training mobility at UAL. 

Step 4. Selection results

You will be notified of the selection results within 10 working days

Step 5. Plan your trip

Once approved by UAL incoming staff members should apply for the Erasmus funding via their home IRO and plan their trip to UAL.